Combi bolier screeching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a new build last Dec and yesterday i bled the radiators throughout the house for the first time as they have been a bit 'hot and cold' in performance. There 12 in total and perhaps 8 had a decent amount of bleeding.

Once completed i checked the pressure, the red needle was at 1.5bar (it's two floors up) and the grey needle zero. They are still at those levels with the system off.

In the evening the radiators were not functioning despite numerous adjustments to the thermostat, then real joy at 5am when there was loud and continuous screeching from the boiler. I turned off the the system entirely. This morning i turned it back on and the after 5 seconds the screeching started again.

For info, the boiler is a Range Ideal Tribune HE.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sound like a problem with the fan. You will need to Get a gas safe engineer in.

Happy new year

Sponsored Links
Did you top the system up after bleeding the rads? What boiler is it?

If the gauge is like this it means it is at zero. The grey pointer is the pressure, the red one just records where the grey one was.

Pressure%20_Gauge.jpg

Ideal Logic Heat 15

No, i have not topped up the water. I need to regardless of the pressure i take it? How do i know by how much?

Thanks

There are three levers, the hot and cold water isolations and then a third, which i assume is the water valve.

The cyclinder guide does not detail this definitively

OP, the red hand is a marker. If you put a screwdriver on the red Center, you will be able to move the red hand to your hearts content :D

Black hand is what you need to pay attention to
You have no water in the boiler. That is why your pump is screaching

Red hand/red needle is just the same thing. Any luck finding a filling loop? You could post some pics of your system/boiler and it may help someone point it out.

There are three levers, the hot and cold water isolations and then a third, which i assume is the water valve.

The cylinder guide does not detail this definitively
Topping up the pressure is nothing to do with the hot water cylinder; you do it at the boiler.

It's all explained in the User Guide, page 4.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back