noisy tank when hot water on-& a million other?related b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,
I have really no knowledgeof plumbing at all but dont know if i'll be able to solve my problems with your help.

when i turn on the hot water taps the tank ? filler ? main one is really noisy and bangs and whirrs (as it fills??), and keeps me awake!

i dont knw if this is related but my attic radiator is cold at the top and sometimes i can bleed it but more often than not a bit of air comes out then it stops, and i have tried bleeding it when heating is on and off.

i know i might have a pump problem but where might i find the pump-should it be in the filler tank?

i can only find one filler tank for hot water and for ch system-is this normal?

(and now my car aalrm is playing up, my fence has blown down and i've got a swimming pool in the cellar-but thats aother forum all together!!!!)

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP, MARIE-CLARE

Sponsored Links
Sounds like 'Water hammer'.

Some times caused by unclipped pipework.

More likely to be a worn out ballcock in your cold water tank. When water is getting to the right level and just about to stop filling, water is trying to force its way through a small cone shape with a rubber washer trying to stop it. This can cause all sorts of vibration and clonking, until the washer 'wins'. Then all goes quiet.

Change the ballcock!

Sponsored Links
Shut all air vents in your car, with these strong winds, it may be activating pressure/movement sensor on the car alarm.

Don't worry about the fence, it will only blow down again the moment you put it back up again, sods law, wait for the summer.

All other problems, I'm sure someone else will be able to help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back