Noisy Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just had a new bathroom fitted and the new basin monobloc tap is driving me mad. When I turn the tap on it is incredibly noisy, it doesn't happen so much when running the hot water but it builds up as you turn it to cold especially when in between. I have tried to reduce the flow with the regulator but it doesn't reduce the noise that much and I end up with a poor flow. Has anyone any suggestions as to what the problem could be. ///*_*\\\

Sponsored Links
Please could you describe the noise?

Also, is your cold service mains or tank fed?

Hello Softus,

The noise is very hard to describe but it is a bit like a grinding woosh sound and even when I reduce the pressure it still makes the noise but to a lesser degree. The tap is mains mains fed.

Thanks

Hm. It could be the tap, but I can't help but wonder about the recent bathroom installation. A few more questions:

1. What gauge is the pipework (that you can see) going to the cold side of the tap?
2. Are there any couplings, tees, elbows etc. in that pipework?
3. Are they any valves in that pipework?
4. If so, what type are they?
5. And are they fully open?
6. Are there any flexible hoses?
7. What is this regulator of which you write?

<edited to correct the speeling errols>

Sponsored Links
Could be the non return valve in the tap, which I expect Softus has in mind too. What make is the tap?

Is the hot water mains (eg combi or unvented cylinder ) fed too?

Hello Softus,

In answer to your questions:

1. The pipework is 15mm down to 12mm 2. Yes there are 3. Yes there is a valve in the hot and cold feed. 4. Isolation valves 5.Yes they are fully open 6. Yes the pipes are connected to the flexible hoses on the tap. 7. Isolation valves.

The tap is a Cosmos Mono Basin.

The hot water is cylinder fed.

Thanks
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back