Noisy Whirlpool ADG 7540/1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Hopefiully someone can help.

Our Whirlpool ADG 7540/1 Integrated Dishwasher has become very noisy when the recirc pump fires up after it has filled., Sounds like its stalling. I've had a similar problem before and traced it back to broken plastic lugs on the housing where the spary bars connect ino ( replace plastic bit and all good )

Its not the same fault this time though, the spary bars are secure , I've has the side off of dishwasher and the pump is definatley stalling. Can anyone please advise what the options are here? On the motor coil housing ( which is white plastic ) there is a model number M.95. Does the pump and coil housing come as a whole unit? Can the motor brushes be replaced?

Can anypone recommend a good place to get spares?

Dishwashers eh love'em when they're working...hate em when they're not

Any help would be greatly appeciated.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The rumbling noise was caused bythe recirc pump. I replaced the pump after finding this useful info:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Whirlpool...-pump-481236158434_W0QQugidZ10000000005813772

I managed to get a replacement pump for £86 delivered to the door. and managed to fit it in about 0.5 hour. To do this you'll need a set of "Torque Type" Allan keys (sizes T20, T15, T10) to get the dishwasher bottom panels off.The old existing pump inlet and outlet are attached to the Heater assembly and sump using metal bands. These are clamped at the factory with a special tool. You can prise them off by getting a thin flathead screwdriver blade under the metal tails....mind your fingers!

I bought a couple of jubilee clips to attach the new pump inlet /outlets.. The inlet and outlet hose diameters are 30 mm and 45 mm so get some clips that will clamp down to these diameters. The jubilee clips should be no wider than 6 mm.

Remeber if theres a rumble coming from the dishwasher when its washing, then its one of two things:

1. The Recirc pump is faulty, as above.

2. The plastic lugs which hold the spray bar manifolds into the bottom of the dishwasher have broken - in whcih case you'll have to replace the plastic mechansim which the spray bar manifold pliugs into...once they've gone they'll keep coming out. I think this part is about £10.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back