Noisy wipers (Skoda Fabia & others)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have finally solved the problem (chattering and squeaking):- Finally got some Lidl W5 all purpose cleaner (better than Flash in my experience) made up 8:1 solution and with an old but clean dish towel gave both screens and all wiper blades a thorough scrub. Quite surprised how black it all was although not obvious from a close examination. Apprently it was probably rubber dust from the road according to the American tipster who I got this tip from in the first place and it's the thin film of same on your screens and blades which causes the chattering, etc. I must say how smoothly and quietly the rear wiper now moves compared with what it did before cleaning

Sponsored Links
That surprises me

Do you use washer fluid, often?

I only get noise if the rubbers do not flip over correctly at end of travel, and the blades need a bit of a twist.

White vinigar on a cloth, then run the cloth along the rubbers works for me if the blades starting jumping across the screen.

The wipers on my Mum's 15 plate Yeti with 15K started squeaking. IME, it's almost always the blades, so we stopped at a motor spares shop I use regularly. He listened (much better hearing than me or Mum!) and a squirt of WD on the wiper linkages sorted it out.

Never had that before.

Sponsored Links
Back