Noisy Worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Worcester 36CDi boiler fitted last year and when the heating is on and has reached a 'steady state' condition there is an annoying constant whine. 2 Worcester service engineers have been out to look at it and they say it is the pump running and there is no problem. I have contacted Worcester technical but they just say it is the pump and to call out an engineer. The boiler is in a kitchen cupboard and the last engineer suggested some noise insulation in the cupboard. Can anybody recommend a suitable material to use?

Sponsored Links
Thanks muggles. This is the sort of information that I am looking for. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is it fitted on to a plaster board or ply board wall? They're quite noisy in this installation. If it's a fan noise you'll have to put up with it, if you think it's a pump noise you can lower the pump speed settings for the heating

Hi. The boiler is mounted on a brick and block wall. Both of the Worcester service engineers reckoned that it was the pump. The first engineer even changed the pump but it made no difference. My only course of action now is to put some noise insulation in the cupboard. There are many products available it is just a case of which one is likely to work for me.

Thanks martyndc88. Both of the Worcester service engineers said that the pump was a modulating pump and that it's speed could not be manually altered.

The pump is
Thanks martyndc88. Both of the Worcester service engineers said that the pump was a modulating pump and that it's speed could not be manually altered.
Not strictly true read page 14 starting at top right hand corner talking about noisy pump head, could very well be your answer, when you say worcester engineers do you mean direct worcester labour engineers or accredited installers ?

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Greenstar_CDi_Compact_Combi_ErP_Installation_and_Servicing_Instructions.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back