noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when my daughter put on the C/H once the system gets hot there is a loud tapping/banging noise which verberatates around the house her husband seems to think that its coming from the MV in the loft he also thinks thats its on the return pipe on the ch which also has the pump its been like that since they moved in over a year ago. Has any one got any answers as to how to cure it. Is it possible for it to be put in the wrong way. Its frightens the grand children (under 5 years old)

Sponsored Links
Has he went to the mv to see if that's where the noise is?some timber framed houses creak when reaching temp.you would think there was a ghost in my mums.may also be trv's wrong way round.try turning trv's on the rads when the noise starts.

when my daughter put on the C/H once the system gets hot there is a loud tapping/banging noise which verberatates around the house her husband seems to think that its coming from the MV in the loft he also thinks thats its on the return pipe on the ch which also has the pump its been like that since they moved in over a year ago. Has any one got any answers as to how to cure it. Is it possible for it to be put in the wrong way. Its frightens the grand children (under 5 years old)

The boiler thermostat is Knackered, get a new one fitted.

Sponsored Links
thats already been done,turn the boiler stat down and the DH/water or the CH is only warm. header tank ok about 2" of water above the feed to the boiler, pump working ok(its on the return and facing the correct way) mv on return also facing the correct way) not sure tho if the mv is B4 or after the pump, rads with trv's fitted on the flow, all get hot first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back