Non branded 18v batteries.........any good??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.........anyone tried unbranded 18v batteries? I need to replace them on my Dewalt and normally start from the view that 'you get what you pay for' .
Having said that though, the difference in price is considerable between copies and branded and I am tempted to give one a go. Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers

Sponsored Links
which specific batteries in general you can get them as cheap by waiting for specials for example 2x 2.6ah nmh for £93 including postage £45 a battery

Yep......take your point Big-all ..... Why pay thirty quid for a copy when you can get the real thing for £45 :confused:

The 3 year warranty on their batteries have me sold on Metabo gear.

Sponsored Links
I'm one of those who's tried unbranded batteries - to be precise Makita 18 volt Lithium copies and Makita 12 volt NiMH copies. The NiMHs (from Excel) were only so-so and I wouldn't buy from there again, the lithiums (from Tools Down and Axminster) have been OK to date with the exception of one Axminster battery which failed at thr 11 month point and has been replaced FOC - to date the Tools Down batteries have all been good (oldest circa 22 months), so when I next need batteries for my DW pinner I may well buy from them (as they also do DW XRP copies). The performance of these batteries against OEM batteries was in all cases seemingly identical

The 3 year warranty on their batteries have me sold on Metabo gear.
Which is great except for the facts that Metabo are (a) expensive and (b) don't fit the OPs deWalt......

Edit: Added a link to Tools Down's URL. BTW they are also on Amazon

Bought an unbranded Battery for my makita, out performs the originals by a long way and only cost £14 on ebay.

A mate picked one up for me a 14.4, so I couldn't refuse it even though it looked a bit mickey mouse and clearly marked made in mexico and had no pretense of being the real thing and then lasted for 10 years

bought some 18v nimh milwaukee copies on ebay, they were good for a year but then started to lose performance. I probably wouldnt buy again but if they are cheap enough give them a go.

I have bought copies before and not had a problem, I bought one a few days ago for my makita jig saw a 14.4v 3.0ah £47 not really cheap but as far as I'm concerned as good as any I have had.

I would always stick to the branded batts myself you can get them cheap in bundle kits. I Decided there was not enough difference in price to warrant the change. Don't know where you are finding these rep batts so cheap best price I have seen is around £45 for the 3Ah 18v Li.

Whats piece of mind and a logo worth!

Talking of which I have some spare BL1830 batts from a new combi kit I got last week. Only want around £60 each or £110 for the pair there New and unused not even been charged.

Have the star logo on so latest model/chip.

If interested PM me.

i have one of the axions from axminster, works in most tools, impact driver and drills fine- recip saw etc not so much and sometimes the charger rejects it flashing as if it were damaged. it's also developed a bit of rattle as if the cells aren't properly attached to the body which is slightly different shape having ridges down the sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back