Non-Plumber - needs help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mate returning from hospital this week has asked me to get the house ready for him, he's recently had an extension built - and the radiators are only luke warm from the multi-fuel stove - here's the set up.

10 Rads
LARGE multifuel stove with back boiler (In new extension)
Oil Boiler
Open fire with back boiler (Original cottage)
apprx 50 or 60 litre factory foam fitted cyliner - with 3 COILS???

I've been burining large fires in stove this past couple of days (Just want it to work without using oil) - Rads heat to luke warm only.

As I say I'm not a plumber - but surely this cylinder (1m high) with three coils isn't adequate? - but is that the problem?

Sponsored Links
Carbonnet";p="1192122 said:
Mate returning from hospital this week has asked me to get the house ready for him, he's recently had an extension built - and the radiators are only luke warm from the multi-fuel

Check the pump and have you got any hot water?

shawd";p="1192228 said:
Mate returning from hospital this week has asked me to get the house ready for him, he's recently had an extension built - and the radiators are only luke warm from the multi-fuel

Thanks for comming back to me Shawd -
The pump is set to come on by thermostat at 50 degrees - just checked there and the temp was around 45 (I adjusted the thermo to 45) the water from the taps is not hot - just warm

Carbonnet";p="1192242 said:

The pump is set to come on by thermostat at 50 degrees - just checked there and the temp was around 45 (I adjusted the thermo to 45) the water from the taps is not hot - just warm

END OF THE DAY , WATER AND HEATING WILL ONLY GET HOT IF YOU HAVE A GOOD ROARING FIRE PRESENT AT THE BOILER AND ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WATER IN HEADER TANK ,THE HEAT HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE :confused:

Sponsored Links
shawd";p="1192267 said:

END OF THE DAY , WATER AND HEATING WILL ONLY GET HOT IF YOU HAVE A GOOD ROARING FIRE PRESENT AT THE BOILER AND ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WATER IN HEADER TANK ,THE HEAT HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE :confused:
ALSO OPEN THE AIR INTAKE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STOVE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back