Non return valves on shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just installed a thermostatic shower and foolishly didn’t put the non return valves supplied with it on. I now have the flush back off cold water stopping me getting hot water to my other taps in the bathroom. I have isolated the shower and this gives me hot water to the other taps. My problem is I have tiled all around the pipes so have no access to the pipes without taking tiles off. Do the nrv have to go directly on the cold and hot feed behind the thermostatic mixer bar ?

Sponsored Links
What I am really asking is can I put the nrv on the hot and cold feeds after the bath taps but about a metre from the thermostatic mixer as this is a lot easier to get to but would this give me a problem still with the temperature of the water through the shower. Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You didn't mention a problem with the shower temperature. If you have a problem with the shower it may be unbalanced hot and cold supplies

Check the H&C supply pressures and see if they are compatible with the mixer.

Do you have balanced hot and cold pressures on the shower feeds. If you've got mains fed cold and tank fed hot, the shower valve is unlikely to work anyway

I’ve got a condenser boiler. The hot water from the boiler was getting to my kitchen sink taps but not going any further as the pipes were stone cold past the taps. By fitting nrv on my shower externally to test and everything works fine so I just wanted to know the best way to fit the nrv so they are not exposed.

Forgot to say all the pipes are downstairs. Not that that will make
a difference but just to let you know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back