non-standard LPG cooker hose lengths

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope this is in the right place and someone can help me!

I want to move my lpg gas cooker to a new position however the 4' hose is too short. I think I will need at least a 6' or preferably 8' hose.

It's a straight bayonet fitting. I have googled and can't find one. Any ideas? Is it possible to join two together or is that just asking for trouble?

Look forward to some replies!

Many thanks! :)

Sponsored Links
Just extend the copper gas pipe?? get a local LPG man to do it, if not British Gas have suitably qualified engineers for LPG. am sure a couple of hours and some fittings would have it knocked out.

I would defo NOT join 2 together. Even Fitting the hose to your cooker should be done by a competent person eg LPG qualified Corgi fitter.

Dont cut corners as you are playing with a dangerous substance here!!

Hi superduper :)

I thought joining two hoses together would be a no no. The problem with extending the copper connecting pipe is that it comes in from outside and under the (concrete) floor before rising up the wall. Would a fitter be able to extend the pipe in this instance?

Although I'll try my hand at lots of stuff, I wouldn't fit the new hose myself anyway. I know how dangerous lpg is... a leak up the road a couple of years ago destroyed a house and nearly killed everyone in it. :eek:

Yes you can extend the current pipe, the only thing that cant be done is use of compression fittings under the concrete floor and this will not affect you situation.

Just had a hunt and cant see any longer than 4ft hose either for LPG but I might be wrong!

Sponsored Links
OK, well if it's an extension job it makes re-planning the kitchen a whole lot easier! I can have the damn thing where ever I chose :happy dance:

Many thanks for your help on this. I really appreciate it!

Liz :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back