Non-Velux roof windows...

I had 2 Fakro units fitted a year or so ago and they are pretty good, no complaints.

I prefer the catch at the bottom as they are easier to open in my opinion, the Velux handle would have been a bit of a stretch.

Yea I forgot the mention te handle placement on these rooflights! FAKRO units make so much more sense!

Sponsored Links
We use only Velux & Fakro windows.Fakro are just as good & are cheaper.Keylite we have fitted before but they feel & look cheaper compared to Velux * Fakro.
Fakro are an excellent replacement for Velux & have arguably a better finish on the timber Roof Windows.

When we were looking for roof windows, we were at a Home Builders & Renovators show which had the usual Velux stand and a relatively large Facro stand. We also thought that the (wooden) Facro windows had a better finish to them, and we preferred the handle position, although that will depend on your layout. If you have furniture against a wall it may be easier to open from the top (Velux), if you can get closer then maybe the handle at the bottom suits (Facro).

The prices were the same at that time so we bought the Facro's. More experienced/trade may have got them cheaper I suppose, but we were happy with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back