Normal for Blackburn.

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
All cities attract scum, that's why I never really go to them and spend our leisure time in the beautiful countryside we still have! Plus, the pubs are better and the beer cheaper and tastier!

Part of the British disease. Standards of behaviour are getting worse and no one is really tackling it. It's only when you watch pragrammes like Police Interceptors, Road Wars, etc, etc you realise how many dope smoking chav scuzzers inhabit this isle. It's not the same in other countries. Yes, they have crims, but the vast majority seem to be able to operate, even after going out for a skin full, in a sensible, decent way without smashing things up and turning city centres into war zones. These other countries just wouldn't put up with it.

Last edited:
Part of the British disease. Standards of behaviour are getting worse and no one is really tackling it. It's only when you watch pragrammes like Police Interceptors, Road Wars, etc, etc you realise how many chav scuzzers inhabit this isle. It's not the same in other countries. Yes, they have crims, but the vast majority seem to be able to operate, even after going out for a skin full, in a sensible, decent way without smashing things up and turning city centres into war zones. These other countries just wouldn't put up with it.

I'd disagree when you say other countries don't suffer like we do, as I've spent time in a few Eastern European countries full of delinquents like we have -- the problem is just the same. However, we still do have a big problem amongst much (but not all!) of our working age population.

The thing I struggle with the most is this desire people have to go out and get absolutely hammered, degrade themselves into an absolute state in the High Street (which I agree, are almost post-apocalyptic on some nights), have no self-respect and then think it's acceptable to spend the next day in bed before ordering a McDonald's from Uber. What kind of sad existence is that? I speak to a few at work who will do that and think it's a "good weekend", and they seem to have no direction or interests in their life. No awareness of what's happening beyond their own circle. No interest other than to consume media and make it to the next pay day.

I blame it on the breakdown of values and morals at home, the rise of self-absorbed social media platforms and the constant diet of bad news in the media!

Also, this hotel review mentioned he could smell cannabis, and some people were drinking alcohol.
This is not really unusual in an urban area. Drinking alcohol is not a crime.
And a lot of towns have hotels that attract this sort of behaviour, because they are the cheap ones.
The reviewer really should have stayed in a nicer part of Blackburn, in a nicer hotel. He's obviously just upset that he didn't pay an extra £20 for Premier Inn up the road.

Sponsored Links
All cities attract scum, that's why I never really go to them and spend our leisure time in the beautiful countryside we still have! Plus, the pubs are better and the beer cheaper and tastier!
Who holidays in Blackburn? :oops:
Blackburn is a very special place, way ahead of its time. Eventually the whole country will be one big Blackburn.

It's not the same in other countries.
On New Years Eve 2015 in Cologne gangs of immigrants sexually attacked hundreds of women, openly, in the public square, for prolonged periods of time, in view of the police. In June 2022 in Paris, gangs of immigrants brutally attacked French and English football fans, openly, in the public square, for prolonged periods of time, in view of the police.

The reviewer really should have stayed in a nicer part of Blackburn
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Blackburn is a very special place, way ahead of its time. Eventually the whole country will be one big Blackburn.

Tragically, you are correct. Our replacements are making their way here on an armada of rubber dinghies as we speak. With only the poor quality sports clothes they stand up in to their names. Dig deep, UK taxpayers!

I'd disagree when you say other countries don't suffer like we do, as I've spent time in a few Eastern European countries full of delinquents like we have -- the problem is just the same. However, we still do have a big problem amongst much (but not all!) of our working age population.

You're wrong. I've lived in a small town in Czech Republic and visited many other towns there inc. the capital Prague. Krakow and other towns in Poland too. They are far safer and more law abiding than here. You'll never get behaviour like this -

Never had a problem in eastern Europe, Baku, Tirana, Belgrade and Kiev (before invasion), were the safest cities I've been to. Seeing young women walk home alone in the early hours in Belgrade without being harassed was a regular sight, the locals there won't stand for any nonsense from dodgy feckers.

Never had a problem in eastern Europe, Baku, Tirana, Belgrade and Kiev (before invasion), were the safest cities I've been to. Seeing young women walk home alone in the early hours in Belgrade without being harassed was a regular sight, the locals there won't stand for any nonsense from dodgy feckers.

I've spent lots of time in Prague and lived in a small town in Moravia on the Polish border. Any of these places are safe day or night. I've walked in some quite rough looking areas late at night and been completely safe. I've drunk in some very ordinary looking pubs on my own where you never seen foreigners and got on a night tram after in the small hours - and been completely safe. There aren't any no-go areas and definitely no ghettoes - which goes a long way to explaining the lack of violent crime. Only ethnic groups of any size in CZ are Vietnamese because of CZ's communist past and links with that country. The Viets are peaceful, law abiding and industrious people who run most of the small corner shops and Asian type restaurants Worst crimes in EE seem to be graffiti (aerosol paint must be good business in eastern Europe) and a bit of pickpocketing in big cities with tourists.

Last time I saw anything like trouble, and it was very minor, it was stamped on very quickly. We were drinking outside a pub in Prague and an inebriated yoof deliberately dropped a glass in the gutter and went to walk away. One of the older locals called him back, but was ignored. The local pulled the yoof back to where he had broken the glass by the collar on his jacket and asked him nicely to pick up the pieces of broken glass. He refused until the local forced him down to the ground on all fours, where he wisely complied with the orders to clear up his mess. That's what it's like there and why crime is very low. People look after themselves and aren't kowed into fearing repercussions for doing the right thing.

@cwhaley Try finding news stories like this for anywhere in Eastern Europe. Good luck!

Last edited:
You're wrong. I've lived in a small town in Czech Republic and visited many other towns there inc. the capital Prague. Krakow and other towns in Poland too. They are far safer and more law abiding than here. You'll never get behaviour like this -

I don't think I'm wrong, I think we've just had different experiences and exposures. Poland gets its share of lawless delinquents -- the difference will be in the level and severity of it, and I don't know how I'd accurately measure this outside of personal experiences..

I remember awaiting a train at Szemeretelep in 2010 and immediately being approached by somebody trying to take my phone. Upon arrival in a town just outside of Budapest two drunk men were fighting at the bus station. This is something I'd expect to see in somewhere like Nottingham, so for me was no different.

I speak to a few at work who will do that and think it's a "good weekend", and they seem to have no direction or interests in their life. No awareness of what's happening beyond their own circle. No interest other than to consume media and make it to the next pay day.
I employed a guy from when he was 18 to 36

he worked extremely hard at work, but as soon as he went out with his mates he just himself silly, thats when he wasnt taking any or every drug.His brother was a coke dealer for the local town -back in the early 2000s he was earning £400 a week ni his job and £800 from dealing.

Ive employed youngsters and its amazing what drugs they all do -drugs are rife amongst the 18+ age group now

I employed a guy from when he was 18 to 36

he worked extremely hard at work, but as soon as he went out with his mates he just himself silly, thats when he wasnt taking any or every drug.His brother was a coke dealer for the local town -back in the early 2000s he was earning £400 a week ni his job and £800 from dealing.

Ive employed youngsters and its amazing what drugs they all do -drugs are rife amongst the 18+ age group now

I'm sad to say I agree. I don't really go into clubs, but I attended a stag do in Blackpool last year and coke was actually quite prevalent. It's treated very casually and it was actually quite a shock for me. I saw some very obvious "deals" folowed by a group of young lads heading into the toilets.

I don't employ anybody, but a former boss of mine had problems with 18-21 year olds who were actually hard workers when they hadn't been out for a few weeks. Soon as they had that "big weekend", the made mistakes, turned up late, etc. etc. -- such a shame to see.

We live in strange times. The same authorities who have presided over the massive reduction in smoking in society and drinking in pubs, have also allowed massive growth in hard and soft drug use. Gone too far now - time to give safe, prescribed drugs to addicts and cut out the criminality involved in supply.

Did you know about his drug taking at the time? And if you did, what did you do about it as an employer?

The same authorities who have presided over the massive reduction in smoking in society and drinking in pubs, have also allowed massive growth in hard and soft drug use.
Very true. The anti-drink lobby will be on about how dangerous alcohol is compared to a "harmless" bit of drug taking.

If taking cocaine becomes widespread we will all see just how harmless it is.

unnamed-5.png

If taking cocaine becomes widespread we will all see just how harmless it is.

unnamed-5.png
I was a very heavy cocaine user/abuser for about 5yrs in my younger days. These piccys aren't cocaine, they reflect either meth or crack.

Personally, I was VERY functional at that time, being both creative & industrial. At the time I thought I needed cocaine to maintain the lifestyle. This side of it I recognise that my behaviour was highly influenced by my drug of choice, if you've never experienced it at close quarters then it's hard to appreciate, but it was the cocaine that became my character & not me.

It was my father who pulled me back down, it took him telling me with his hands around my throat, to make me realise exactly what I'd become.

I can spot an abuser from 20 paces. It's amazing how clear a persons addiction to a particular drug becomes when you know the signs. I know the signs, we don't talk about 'fightclub' outside of fightclub, but I co-host my own meetings of a group of 15+.

Cocaine, if it's relatively pure (& my supply was 80-90%) is a very safe drug & relatively harmless if taken when a good time is needed. It becomes dangerous only when a good time cannot be had without it.

Sponsored Links
Back