nosiey pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

not sure if these are related, but i have two problems.

first up, the background.

I have oil fired central heating and water heating. they operate off of the same pipes with a splitter pump dirverting between central heating and the water tank.
I have two tanks in the attic, one feeding the heating system the other the toilets etc.
Our water tank is about 3 months old, and we've just had a new cirulation pump fitted to the system as the previous one was around 15-20 years old and the system was making some serious whoosh and gurgling noises when heating the water.

right, the problems;

1) the woosh and gurgling noises have not gone away with the new pump. it is sometimes so loud that it wakes us up. my plumper has shown me the air release valves, but i am getting next to nothing out of them.

2) there appears to be a very random wssshhhhhh, click noise coming (link a filling noise followed by a cut off) either from the tank cupbaord or the attic tanks (can't seem to track this down excatly). this can happen at any time, whether water has been used or not. in addition it can happen as a one off, or can happen as a string of events in a row.

3) finally, the upstairs toilet is making a hurrendous noise when it is refilling. i think this is coming from the ball cock but not sure.

i realise that these three are probably in no way realted, but i need to get some advice as the plummer (who i have known for a while and do trust not to rip me off), can't seem to locate the problem and i can't keep paying for him to come and look.

cheers for any help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back