not a Makita rotory drill or is it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a rotory drill on ebay listed as a Makita rotory drill. I rang Makita UK to ask about spares for the drill.
I gave them the info on a lable on the side, 66015c, 850w 110v, 26mm.
And to my suprise they told me that it was not a Makita drill and they could not help.
I have since seen more of these drills up for auction by various sellers with the same info on the side.
Can anyone try and throw some light on the subject eg who actually does make them and where spares can be obtained.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Its just a bad quality imitation with a makita sticker on the side.
China maybe or some other banana republic are churning em out.

You get spares when you buy another one. :mrgreen:

yes, but surely Makita them selves should have picked this issue up on other companies selling goods with there name on it.

Sponsored Links
Makita Reinforces Anti Counterfeit Attack

28-12-2009
Makita are strengthening their long running campaign to reduce the number of counterfeit power tools being offered for sale. The poor economic climate has substantially increased activity in recent months.

Police and Trading Standards officers have made arrests, and prosecutions are being made in many areas, but the south coast and southern counties seems especially active. Covert operations have intercepted large quantities of counterfeit power tools on route from Southampton import centre to rogue distributors across the region.

The Makita policy is to make potential purchasers of power tools aware of the risks from fake machines and to educate people to examine their motive and carefully consider what’s on offer. Sales techniques used by these unscrupulous traders to “pass-off” poor quality fakes often includes locating a white van in the busy car park of a popular DIY super-store and accosting visitors on their way into the store. Some people have reported intimidating threats during these confrontations.

“Potential purchasers should ask themselves these questions at that very moment,” says Andrew Bowden, Makita UK’s Technical Director. “How can “genuine” professional power tools be sold so cheaply and why from an unmarked van? If it is a 240v machine, why does it have a screw-on plug rather than the legal moulded plug? Why is there no operating instruction booklet? Why don’t I get a receipt with my purchase? People should take the trouble to compare the machines. If there are two of the same they would have sequential serial numbers if they are genuine. Invariably the racketeers just print a batch of copy labels all with the same number. That’s a dead giveaway. We need to protect our brand reputation for performance and longevity and these tools last just minutes and can be physically dangerous. Please report any such activity to our investigation Hotline on 01908 214003 and we will pass the information directly to the authorities.”

The Makita message is that these counterfeit tools are of such bad quality that the purchase is a total waste of hard earned money rather than a saving. It seems that in tough economic times people are too ready to grab a “bargain” power tool only to regret the purchase very quickly. The policy cannot be clearer. Buy a recognised brand from a reputable store and get a proper receipt for your own warranty protection and leave the fakes in the hands of the con artists.

I bought a makita 8406c core drill a couple of years ago...it's been sheeite...I'd have been better off with one of those blouse ones.

yes, but surely Makita them selves should have picked this issue up on other companies selling goods with there name on it.
Ah so :cool: Oh Makita you will never know anything about my home - I`ll never know how good it feels to hold you- :LOL: Cuz I don`t buy c-rap from dodgy outlets :LOL:

Back