Not satire: Tory MP asks for payrise and reveals grim reality of living on just £81,000 a year

What does she do in the other 90 minutes?

I meant to write 3-5 mins. In the other time they are reading econsults, medication reviews, letters from hospitals etc.

Then during lunch they will organise home visits if needed and then the same again for the afternoon session.

The workload has increased as well as the admin.

Tell me what are you going to say to a patient who needs a form completed by the GP for their benefits review - the GP can charge but they don't as it's not worth the hassle and these forms are so intrusive. The benefits agency are incentivised to make it difficult to get benefits so the costs of proving your case falls on the claimant and in many cases the GP.

Tories gonna Tory.

Sponsored Links
Also its misleading to say they work part time, they still easily do 40 hours working 3 plus days a week as they do 10-12 hours a day.

Sponsored Links
— who earns around £100,000 a year

Owen Paterson gets paid £100,000 per year as “consultant” to Randox laboratories. He only works a few hours a week….although I can’t imagine what he is consulted about.

if ya vote Tory, dats what yer get.

Sajid Javid (Health Secretary) took a £150,000-a-year job as an adviser to JP Morgan, which involves 80-96 hours of work per year...

How many GP 'sessions' is that?

And what was he advising them on?

How to sell off the NHS?

"There are no rules banning MPs from taking second jobs – and there are no set hours for parliamentary work."

So why no fury over part time MP's making a fortune elsewhere because of their positions!

There should be a regulator "OFGOV" to monitor all financial aspects of an MP's life and work, and the MP shouldn't be involved in any business concern of any size, anywhere.

Not sure who would run OFGOV, though......

There should be a regulator "OFGOV" to monitor all financial aspects of an MP's life and work, and the MP shouldn't be involved in any business concern of any size, anywhere.

Not sure who would run OFGOV, though......
One only has to look at 'theyworkforyou' to see the tip of the corruption/greed iceberg...

I have said before, pay them £100k...

But no other jobs allowed whatsoever, and any breach means instant deselection...

And no related jobs (aka paid to lobby) for at least 5 years from leaving parliament...

No family members/friends to be employed by an MP...

Offices, staff, and basic expenses to be paid for directly by an independent accountable organisation...

Fat chance of that from any member of any party 'cos they all love riding the taxpayer gravy train!

Well they could have a family shop or a farm.
Hang on a minute, Jeremy Clarkson for PM :D

I'm a bit, more than a bit tbh, disillusioned with the whole shebang surrounding money and who has what.

It's all just smoke and mirrors and blah blah blah. Since the year dot we've had rich, poor and many instances of unfairness and injustice. Fast forward to 2021, guess what, it's still the same. If we had a crystal ball to 2121 or 2221 guess what, it will still be the same.

Why bother trying to deny the situation. The masses need to be kept in check. What's one of the best ways to ensure this? Ensure most earn enough to survive but not thrive. If you break out of this whether through good luck e.g. lottery win or hard work and promotion, good luck to you. However most don't.

Tbh I don't know whether £81k is or isn't enough for MPs. Wait, let me correct that. It's 'enough' in that if MPs draw in their respective purse-strings they should be able to survive on that salary. And as per my above point, that's what many people are doing ... surviving.

all those who occupy the moral high ground ( in here ;))

there life style and what they consume to maintain it is because some one some where in the world is earning ***t wages and being exploited

dollar a day , no workers rights , life expectancy probably 40 (?) no health care , etc etc

they dont care ;) because they do nowt of any consequence

they would not know suffering and poverty if it bit em on the arris

Sponsored Links
Back