Not sure about nest compatibility.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

So I recently moved to a new house and I have been looking at getting a nest thermostat but I want to make sure 100% that it will work before I buy it.

I have a manual honeywell stat with 4 wires inside. (Pic Below). I also have a water heater upstairs so does that matter?

I wanted to get the learning stat but it says it is not compatible with high voltage and mine is 230v it says. It said it wont control the water heater but would it still work as normal then?

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Attachments

• PXL_20211231_112041227.jpg
    PXL_20211231_112041227.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 40
Sponsored Links
Ok so after reading through a lot of posts here I wanted to ask more...

I have a honeywell st699b (pic below of wiring) next to the boiler in the kitchen. So I can install the heat link here and then the thermostat/display where the old dial is in the hallway?

But I will have to isolate the wire/s where the old thermostat dial was apart from the ones I use to power the thermostat?

Can the thermostat be connected to a 230v feed?

Attachments

• PXL_20211231_133210706.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211231_133210706.MP.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
No the thermostat can not be fitted to a 230v feed, you can have a nest installed, but by your posts i would recommend you get a pro to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back