Nest Learning Thermostat 3rd Gen - C Plan Heating System? Help!

@stem I don’t want to spend any extra cash on a system that works and I just want the Nest to work in a similar way to the Randall. I’ll go with what you already suggested. I’ve asked before but that should work fine right?

Sponsored Links
Yes it will work, but as we have already ascertained you will not have any thermostatic control of your stored hot water, or be able to have the central heating on without the hot water also operating.

So, basically what you have now. But with the additional room temperature control provided by the nest.

Yes its very important to control your heating from the other side of the world and the nest does looks nice...who cares if your hot water is 80c:censored:

Sponsored Links
So, the Nest stat is in according to @stem wiring diagram and I can confirm it works perfectly. I have all the features that the nest offers, I just can’t have heating on without hot water also being on at same time, which isn’t an issue.

Thanks to all and especially @stem for his advice and wiring diagrams!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back