Notable Obituaries.

Sponsored Links
He had his son the same time that we had ours so they are the same age. When they were school age, he would take half-terms off. Mrs Mottie still jokes that he carried that on when they were into their thirties and said his bosses still haven’t twigged that his kids don't go to school any more!

Sponsored Links
Used to look forward to his shows a long long time ago, like Mottie says he's been around a long time. Innovative back in the day but he'd lost some of his sparkle in recent years, sparkle or not, he was still better than the ***t they replaced him with.
He got suckered a few times live on air, during a phone in request one caller claimed to work for a company called 'beefy curtains'.

Sreve Wright RIP
I thought I heard him on radio 2 on Saturday afternoon, he was doing the top 40

I can remember listening to him on Radio 1 in 1979

It was Dave Lee Travis, Simon Bates, David Jenson followed by Steve Wright and the afternoon boys.

I always think Steve Wright started the trend for having a few people on the show interacting.

Last edited:
like Mottie says he's been around a long time. Innovative back in the day but he'd lost some of his sparkle in recent years, sparkle or not, he was still better than the ***t they replaced him with.
He was like a comfortable pair of slippers. Can’t stand his replacement, don’t listen to R2 in the afternoon now. Just getting used to Vernon in the mid morning and Sarah at 4.00. Can’t stand Ball or Mills.

That's a shame. I always enjoyed his 'pub singer' charecter when i tuned in during the 80s - he reminded me of the guy who sang the 'R Whites Lemonade' ad.: like The Kenny Everett Show. But not so mad.

I make no bones about it - I could not stand him and his presenting style; when he come on the radio then any radio in my area would be off!
But no one deserves to die at that age, so yes, I am sorry to hear the news. RIP.

He did a radio show on Sunday so his death was sudden and a shock to everyone. RIP

Me and Mrs Bod (I can feel a tune coming)
Where talking about him on Sunday while listening . I will say I was shocked as he sounded fine.

Mrs Mottie was telling me that Jo Whiley's sister is autistic or something and was a fan of his show so she asked him if he could give her a mention on it for her birthday. Instead, he made a separate show tape solely for her sister, mentioning her in between every song. He was a pretty decent bloke and we will miss him.

Sponsored Links
Back