Note about split-off from 'Smart' Meters thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In case anyone is looking for it, please note that the thread (about the Covid-19 Inquiry) which I split off from one about 'smart' meter communications has been moved to the 'General Discussion' forum.

As I indicated would be the case if this happened, I will therefore no longer be contributing to that thread.

Sponsored Links
In case anyone is looking for it, please note that the thread (about the Covid-19 Inquiry) which I split off from one about 'smart' meter communications has been moved to the 'General Discussion' forum.

As I indicated would be the case if this happened, I will therefore no longer be contributing to that thread.

Why not?

... because I choose to have nothing to do with that particular forum. Do you have a problem with that?

A bit of an odd approach but as it’s absolutely nothing to do with electrics I can understand why it’s been moved

Sponsored Links
A bit of an odd approach ....
Are there not places that you would prefer not to go, or be involved with?
... but as it’s absolutely nothing to do with electrics I can understand why it’s been moved
Yes, I can understand, even though I stated what would happen (as regards my participation) if they did. Ironically, had I left the discussion in the thread entitled " 'Smart Meters .... ", rather than splitting off the off-topic discussion, they may well not have moved it, even though its content now had absolutely nothing to do with anything electrical!

Are there not places that you would prefer not to go, or be involved with?

Yes, I can understand, even though I stated what would happen (as regards my participation) if they did. Ironically, had I left the discussion in the thread entitled " 'Smart Meters .... ", rather than splitting off the off-topic discussion, they may well not have moved it, even though its content now had absolutely nothing to do with anything electrical!

But it’s still in this forum………

Does this explain why you like talking threads off topic so much?

But it’s still in this forum………
Yes, the early parts of the off-topic discussion (before my 'split') are still in this forum, with the 'Smart Meter' title. That was my point - that if I had allowed the off-topic discussion to continue in that that (which had an 'electrical title') it may well not have been moved!
Does this explain why you like talking threads off topic so much?
It wasn't me. In the thread about 'smart' meter communication problems, for some reason EFLI asked me "how I thought the Covid-19 Inquiry was going" - and the rest, as they say, is history.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back