Nothing like the glory days of the past - Roaming charges are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Yes. I don't do any personal detail on Internet.
I'm not asking for any personal detail. You think telling me what network you are on and how much data you are getting is personal detail? You think that will identify you? Pathetic.

Do you think telling us what you are paying for a Kw of electricity is also 'personal stuff’? What about price per litre of fuel? Loaf of bread?

Sponsored Links
How can I if you won’t tell me what you are paying, who you are with and what you are getting?
You said I was a mug for having the contract. How do you know that if you don't know the details, which I am not releasing.

Proves a point about your thought processes. You had no idea what you were talking about.

I'm not asking for any personal detail. You think telling me what network you are on and how much data you are getting is personal detail? You think that will identify you? Pathetic.

Do you think telling us what you are paying for a Kw of electricity is also 'personal stuff’? What about price per litre of fuel? Loaf of bread?
Not everybody wants to give out their information on here. Lots of stalkers on this very forum that take great delight in producing anything they can use as a weapon years later.

Mottie you are a leading example of that.

But I make it a policy not to divulge my personal info of any sort. Not what I have to eat, drink, watch or anything else pathetic.

You started this thread. Can you honestly not see how easy it is to pick an airtime provider that continues the 'glory days' of inclusive mobile roaming?

I can remember the days when it was very very expensive to use your mobile abroad and it even cost a fortune to receive calls. If I also remember correctly, we were in the EU at the time. Would you like to go back to those glory days?

Wait on you hark for the glry days when we were not part of the EU and you voted for Brexit.

Thick as mince Brexiteer.

No f'cking loss either. Actually, there is a benefit. At the time we had automatic roaming in Europe on our mobiles, were we enjoying 30 rolling contracts with easy porting, unlimited calls and texts with EU roaming starting at 99p a month? There you go, that’s a benefit.

Only mugs are stuck in the middle of a 12/24 month contract these days. Like you!

In all fairness, you did this for a job.

"Mugs" like me don't duck and dive with this sort of thing, the way you do. We just don't know enough.

I dare say you could laugh at my contract, and go into all sorts of detail about how, if only I was willing to swap every next Tuesday when a flock of starlings was in aquarius, I could get the Moon on a stick.

I just wanna pay what I'm happy to pay, and not have to think about it.

I now do not know if / how much I would have to stump up, when I or my kids leave blighty. I didn't have to think about such stuff before.

If I'm mistaken, I apologise.

You posted that you were in at the very early days of mobiles, and I presumed you did it as a job.
Only as a very profitable sideline for a few years. My main job has always been around the motor trade. I got out of selling/installing/connecting phones in about 1992 ish, so over 30 years ago. At that time it was still a 5 year contract, £25 a month standing charge, 50p per minute or part minute for a call. Very good money connecting them too - over £600 a time at one point. No inclusive call and texts and data wasn’t even an option. Couldn’t use them abroad either although I once managed to make a call in Calais on a Motorola 8500!

I was in Menorca last October, no roaming charges for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back