Nothing there

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an ideal classic boiler and replaced motor only on MV about a year ago. A few months ago 3A fuse kept blowing in fused spur at boiler so every time boiler had gone off i have had to switch off at this spur to avoid fuse blowing the next time. If i didn't the motor on the MV got very hot and was always in the fully advanced position, until the programmer called for water/heat next at which point the fuse blows. The MV feels quite free if i activate it with the little lever.
Finally something has packed in - i suppose i've been lucky to avoid shelling out until now !
Boiler just doesn't come on now, programmer shows everything on, but i don't even get a "tick tick" for boiler trying to fire up.
i was told before that it could be the pump causing all of this ? If that was the case surely the boiler would still fire up ?

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your system could be sludged up causing the m/v to have problems moving freely by the motor and also your pump may have gone the same way.

Drain some water off see if it is black.

If so you need a chemical/powerflush clean.
Pete

Yes, when i'v bled radiators before water is black, wouldn't say sludgy but definitely discoloured.

Could that have also damaged the boiler ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Just in case anyone gets the same problem -

This ended up being the programmer that was faulty.

Engineer did change the valve first but that didn't solve it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back