Notifiable Jobs

dv6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, Leeds area, qualified (but still training) electrician, anticipating registering with self certification scheme later on in the year, will probably do a CU upgrade and a few circuit rectifications around the house for my assessment. BUT, wont be registered at that time so will need to inform LBC of these notifiable jobs. Now, ive just a few quesions about this.

I know the cost for notifying a job to Leeds LBC but is this for EVERY single notifiable job i do at that time = Fee x 3 or 4. Or does that one fee cover all the different notifiable jobs at that time.

ie

A notifiable bathroom job
A notifiable CU upgrade
A notifiable new circuit feeding fixed equipment = all equal the one notification fee for that one building control application.

or

A notifiable bathroom job = fee
A notifiable CU upgrade = fee
A notifiable new circuit feeding fixed equipment = fee
= fee x 3, even though theyre all being done at the same time ??

Can you submit your application and then get straight on with the job ?
I imagine not, so what sort of wait is there before you can begin ?

Will I be required to fill out EIC, Sched of Insp, Sched of T at the end or will the LBC inspector do that when he arrives ?

If it was a CU upgrade and i had to uprate the meter tails and wait for the supply company to reconnect the new tails what is the best way to time/do it so that the supply company comes and reconnects the tails so that the property isnt left without power awaiting his arrival ?
Someone told me, providing your`e a competent electrician and you are carrying out a job like a CU/meter tails upgrade the supply company doesnt mind if you break the seal to reconnect the tails and that they will just come later and redo the seal. Accurate ?

God, i bet people dont even bother reading to the end of that :)

Any help appreciated. I want to clarify im not doing this now. Itll be the 2nd half of this year at the earliest and these are just some questions that have been playing on my mind.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Assuming all of that work is at one address then you raise one Building regs job for the lot. The fee around here relates to the value of the job.

If you think about it, if an extension were being built, the Building regs fee would cover all of the building work AND the electrical work.

Re your meter tails - your best route would be to request the DNO provide an isolator switch - or you provide one.

They would then install the isol switch and connect up to the existing CCU.
Also provide them with new tails and main earth conductors to the old installation - to make it easier for them. You can then turn off the supply and swop over to your new CU.

Do not break the DNO's seal. Its an offence and they could get eggy about it. In some areas there is an unwritten blind eye turned but they only do this (AFAIK) for card carrying members of recognised schemes (NICEIC, ECA, etc) and you aint there, yet. Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back