Part P compliance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Am getting new CU and a kitchen rewire done in a couple of weeks by a NICEIC and Part P registered electrican.

The kitchen ring will be replaced from CU. We are getting an electric oven for the first time, so will also have installed a dedicated supply for this.

Two sections of Part P confuses me:
"The installation of fixed equipment is within the scope of Part P, even where the final connection is by a 13 Amp plug and socket. However, work is notifiable only if it involves fixed wiring and the installation of a new circuit or the extension of a circuit in a kitchen or special location or associated with a special installation."
and
"The fitting and replacement of cookers and electric showers is not notifiable unless a new circuit is needed."

The electician will fit outlet plates for for the oven, hob, hood, fridge and freezer and sign the job off at this point. When I come to have these appliances wired in do I have to again notify?

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Am getting new CU and a kitchen rewire done in a couple of weeks by a NICEIC and Part P registered electrican.

The kitchen ring will be replaced from CU. We are getting an electric oven for the first time, so will also have installed a dedicated supply for this.

Two sections of Part P confuses me:
"The installation of fixed equipment is within the scope of Part P, even where the final connection is by a 13 Amp plug and socket. However, work is notifiable only if it involves fixed wiring and the installation of a new circuit or the extension of a circuit in a kitchen or special location or associated with a special installation."
and
"The fitting and replacement of cookers and electric showers is not notifiable unless a new circuit is needed."

The electician will fit outlet plates for for the oven, hob, hood, fridge and freezer and sign the job off at this point. When I come to have these appliances wired in do I have to again notify?

No.

"The fitting and replacement of cookers and electric showers is not notifiable unless a new circuit is needed.
As stated, no need to notify for installation of your appliances or any other electrical equipment.
work is notifiable only if it involves fixed wiring and the installation of a new circuit or the extension of a circuit in a kitchen or special location or associated with a special installation."

They are only interested in the hard wiring of your electrical system.

Many thanks for clear and definite replies - that is one less thing to think about.

I obviously interpreted the phasing incorrectly - :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back