Notre Dame Cathedral on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently the lead roof was being replaced . fire started in the roof ?

lead roof burning works ?? I wager ;)

Sponsored Links
apparently the lead roof was being replaced . fire started in the roof ?

lead roof burning works ?? I wager ;)
Imagine being the workman responsible for that, the guilt he would feel.

Worse than when you forgot to tighten that compression joint and It flooded the school. ROFL

Imagine being the workman responsible for that, the guilt he would feel.

Worse than when you forgot to tighten that compression joint and It flooded the school. ROFL

I'd imagine it's well past a feeling of guilt by now. Arse covering time.

Sponsored Links
A fire expert was saying old buildings like these are very difficult to deal with for the fire service. They have high ceilings and an open space with roof timber all very well seasoned and dry as a bone.

Firemen cant enter such a building and the height externally means their hoses wont reach.

It makes me wonder how extensive contingency planning is for these old buildings. Do they have fully detailed drawings of the structure so they can rebuild it exactly the same.

A fire expert was saying old buildings like these are very difficult to deal with for the fire service. They have high ceilings and an open space with roof timber all very well seasoned and dry as a bone.

Firemen cant enter such a building and the height externally means their hoses wont reach.

It makes me wonder how extensive contingency planning is for these old buildings. Do they have fully detailed drawings of the structure so they can rebuild it exactly the same.

I'd imagine there would be an extensive 3D model/CAD for a building like that.

All new buildings (in the UK at least on a commercial scale) are drawn and modelled under the new BIM framework. Seems probable such notable buildings would have retrospectively undergone the same process.

https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/bim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links