Notre Dame Cathedral on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
All this fuss over a building no one died no one was injured
Listening to all the twaddle on the radio from various people some of whom became emotional

The soul of France French identie

Sh** happens what man built can be built again

They raised half s billion in 24 hours best they don't ask me for a donation ;)

Wonder how many children died from hunger in that 24 hours ???

The buildings are still there.

Of course they are, but they are no longer being built. Go back 100 years and further ago, every building was built to look good and be decorative; even the most humble terrace houses and shops had ornate mouldings, covings, friezes and the like. Now it's hideous double glazing, crappy panel fencing and paved over gardens.

Sponsored Links
I hear they are going to rebuild a cathedral in Paris.

I think they should build a Mosque, i think that would be far better, we need to show we have no prejudice, talking about it is just not enough. Whilst they're at it, do the same here in the UK, get rid of these filthy 'English' churches, its a disgrace, an embarrassing representation of extreme right wing views.

I think they should build a Mosque, i think that would be far better, we need to show we have no prejudice, talking about it is just not enough. Whilst they're at it, do the same here in the UK, get rid of these filthy 'English' churches, its a disgrace, an embarrassing representation of extreme right wing views.

Careful what you wish for.

Why did you quote my comment in your reply?
Your reply was totally unconnected to my comment.
Or are you just throwing in completely irrelevant comments again?

Why did you quote my comment in your reply?
Your reply was totally unconnected to my comment.
Or are you just throwing in completely irrelevant comments again?
You were talking about them rebuilding a cathedral? Am i correct? On the subject of rebuild associated my view on this discussion about what i think should happen. If you feel the need to constantly split hairs...

Anyway what do you think? Mosque or Cathedral? Careful now...

Careful what you wish for.

I would wish religion would gradually reduce and become history, i stopped believing in being good or Father Xmas wont give you an orange a long time back. I am still good of course but for the right reasons (n)

You were talking about them rebuilding a cathedral? Am i correct?
Yes, so far. They are going to rebuild a medieval cathedral, considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, partially destroyed by fire.
They are not discussing what to replace it with, nor to build a new building. Your post was intentionally inflammatory, and in the context, nonsensical.
But that's OK, it seems. The mods appear to be perfectly happy with your intentionally inflammatory posts. But pointing out obvious differences in concepts and others inability to differentiate between them, causes the thread to be locked.

You were talking about them rebuilding a cathedral? Am i correct? On the subject of rebuild associated my view on this discussion about what i think should happen. If you feel the need to constantly split hairs...

Anyway what do you think? Mosque or Cathedral? Careful now...

It seems Jasonzyx thinks there should not be a mosque built in Paris.

He hasnt explained why though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links