Now I have come to my senses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I have come to my senses and decided that my 4 year old tank system is fine i have yet another problem.

The shower that I have is useless, when you turn it on it bursts out for the first 5 settings (all cold) and then when it gets to the hot settings dribbles out. I have checked the pressure of the other tapes and they all burst out (especially the cold). This happens all the time even when the hot water tank is boiling. :oops:

It is my understanding that the water for the shower that I have got comes directly from the hot tank (ie not electric) which is in my bedroom on the same floor. :idea:

My question is do you think I have a water pressure problem and would an electric shower sort out my problems. :?:

g

Sponsored Links
air lock, blockage, clogged inlet filter, not enough head of water pressure. Check the installation against the manual first and go through the fault finds in there the most common should be listed.

If it come out the hot taps okay,possibly the shower mixer valve playing up on the hot side?

Oilskis right its blocked, and the reason its burst out to begin with is the water is getting past the blockage and the pressure is building up whilst the tap is off but once open the taps hole is bigger than the hole thro the blockage

bet yer that your cylinder its pretty old?

Sponsored Links
The house is only 4 years old so the pumbing is very new. I am going to have a electric shower installed so will this cause a problem for that as well or will it be ok as the water will only be taken from the cold tank.

Your help would be apprec :D :D :D

gsh

gshivers said:
I am going to have a electric shower installed so will this cause a problem for that as well or will it be ok as the water will only be taken from the cold tank.

The electric shower are normally from the cold main feed and not form the tank as it require pressure unless you can get one for tank,but not heard of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back