Now it's Honda leaving...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Honda set to close Swindon car plant

"Japanese carmaker Honda is set to announce the closure of its Swindon plant in 2022, putting 3,500 jobs at risk, sources say....

According to Sky, Honda was likely to relocate the facility to its home market of Japan.

Brexit is understood to be a factor in the decision, with the carmaker concerned about the imposition of new tariffs after the UK leaves the EU"

Brexit = Political/Social/Economic suicide!

Sponsored Links
And at the other end of the market you cannot now order a new Porsche without agreeing to pay the extra if any tariffs are imposed on it post-Brexit.

Personally I'm with Terry Christian as regards job losses (y)

Well from 5-24hrs for supplies to arrive to upto 9 days.

Yet they won't care in their madness.

Attachments

• DgmsXiMXUAYXr9e.jpeg
    DgmsXiMXUAYXr9e.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Where are they moving production back to ? Sigh, I must read posts more thoroughly, sorry. So back to Japan, as the EU tariff for jap cars tapers to zero, makes sense I guess.

But the EU has graciously allowed UK clearing houses to clear EU derivatives, probably, coz they haven't got the capacity to do so. I suppose if things got really nasty the UK could destroy the EU in about a 1 or 2 day, and refuse to clear them, but that really would be suicide.

Where are they moving production back to ? Sigh, I must read posts more thoroughly, sorry. So back to Japan, as the EU tariff for jap cars tapers to zero, makes sense I guess.
Yep....

Meanwhile we have Japan saying that the UK won't get as good a deal as the EU have negotiated!

Thus the EU will be now able to trade tariff free with Japan, and the UK won't...

So guess why all those german car companies that were apparently going to be 'banging down merkel's door' to demand a deal aren't that bothered...

They'll be selling all those BMW's/Merc's that the UK can no longer afford to the Japanese (y)

European car manufacturing is being walloped as well, Ford sites in Germany and Bordeaux being mothballed / shut... and they really a'int happy about it. (understandably)

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda set to close Swindon car plant

"Japanese carmaker Honda is set to announce the closure of its Swindon plant in 2022, putting 3,500 jobs at risk, sources say....

According to Sky, Honda was likely to relocate the facility to its home market of Japan.

Brexit is understood to be a factor in the decision, with the carmaker concerned about the imposition of new tariffs after the UK leaves the EU"

Brexit = Political/Social/Economic suicide!
Bye bye then..off you go to Greece.

Bye bye then..off you go to Greece.
Why not...

The basket case that is the UK will soon make Greece look like a bastion of economic stability...

Oh, but wait...

Quitters have made sure that moving to another EU country isn't that easy anymore :rolleyes:

B O R I N G.
It has become tedious hasn't it. Perhaps those that said the referendum result has had no effect on UK prosperity, would respond to multiple announcements of UK gloom and doom as 'boring'.

Poor old mot.

Last edited:
We won't be Greece. BreBrexit will punish a generation through lower growth, poorer standards and greater inequality.

As ReesMogg said perhaps 50 years to realise benefits. Shocking.

Sponsored Links
Back