NTE5A socket with filtered VDSL connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Correct me if I'm getting the terminology wrong.

I have a NTE5A BT master socket that has a single socket so I have to use a microfilter to plug in my phone and broadband router.

I would like to extend using a single cat5e to a faceplate with separate BT-jack socket for a phone and an RJ11 socket for my router.

I have seen a video on YouTube which shows that this can be done by using 4 of the cores in a cat5e cable to connect data and voice separately using 2 cores each.

In the video, data is connected to the A/B terminals and voice is connected to 2 & 5.

My problem is that my faceplate has a single socket and no A/B terminals for data.

Can I purchase a replacement master socket of VDSL faceplate that has the necessary filter for voice builtin or do I need BT to make changes at their end?

If I just need a replacement socket/faceplate I'd be grateful if you could provide enough of a description for me to find it online and wire it up correctly.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the old mk3 sockets had front mounted a/b terminals for broadband extensions and connections for voice extensions. You can use ordinary 3 pair(6 core) phone cable for the extensions.
for mk5 faceplates though

you can get a filtered faceplate from here
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjflqeqlsv2AhVylFwKHQyeAc4QFnoECBQQAQ&url=https://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php&usg=AOvVaw1zLZ6iJOq58WqcfGPmbkLg
its about the best available and the back has terminals for extensions

Last edited:
Cheers.

I’ve ordered a faceplate splitter from Amazon. We’ll see when it arrives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back