ntl/Terrapin software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a hell-of-a-time getting my website published. All the files load up OK (I think), but when I enter the address I would like in Internet Explorer it just comes up with the NTL 404 screen - not available.

Can you help me please?

Sponsored Links
as you said 404 is a standard to say the page is not available,

I have several websites, and when i start a new website, i get the "holding page" of the company who are hosting it, if you do not even get this i would suggest the url you are typing in is not right.

what are using to upload with, and if the mods not looking what is the url?

i see what you mean :cry:

a suggestion though, as you are using "your free isp space" you may have to enter the whole url including extension, so for example yours may be

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./notb665.newpage1.htm

try it again, but also dontforget the htm but (obviously changenewpage1 to what ever you called it

Sponsored Links
Argh. No change.

I am pretty sure I am somehow using the software wrong.

:oops: i cant find it on mine (because i can not remember what it is called) but i have used it.

another thing, have you got MS ofice, as some come with MS front page, that is really easy to use

what is your first page called?

NTL's servers requre it to be index.html

if you have called it something else then you would need to type the addess as follows

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/user.name/pagename

if you change it to index.html (in lowercase)

NTL's server is a Unix box running appachie its very touchy on these things.... remember with unix uppercase and lower case are not the same

hope this helps if not post again....

Dan

and in answe to wheres the ftp...

Its in IE (internet explorer)

in the address bar type ftp://user.name:p[email protected]

in NTL's case the upload address is upload.ntlworld.com

you can drag and drop any files you want to upload into the IE window then

dan

Sponsored Links
Back