NTL and DVDR connection problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any whizz kids on here who can help with this problem?

I just bought a Goodmans GDVD300R recorder and have spent 3 hours trying to connect the thing to my TV and NTL set top box.

I have followed the setup instructions included with the DVD recorder but I dont seem to get a picture.

I have connected the NTL box direct to the TV AV1 Scart socket with a scart lead and the DVD recorder is connected direct to the TV via the AV2 Scart socket with a seperate scart lead.

Now for some strange reason when I connect the NTL box to the DVDR with another scart lead I can't get a picture at all. In fact, when the DVDR tries to find a signal via a scart connection - it fails. :eek:
I have tried loads of spare scart leads and have eliminated the possibility of a faulty scart connection.

I have resorted to linking the NTL box to the DVDR with an ordinary RF lead and the DVDR does find the signal when I do it this way.
The problem is, I get a picture but it is of very poor quality. The picture appears too bright at times and the colours on the screen appear smudged.

Anybody else had this problem and managed to solve it?
I'd be a very happy man (with a full head of hair) if anyone could help.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Back