Sky plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just having a think.
If you have sky plus (I havnt) which I assume would be connected to tv by scart lead, would it work if you took the scart lead from the sky box to a vcr / dvdr & record, what was the saved programe from the sky box.
Is this possible or has anyone done similar.

Sponsored Links
dont you loop it into the recorder then back to the tv that way you record what your watching

Normal sky box has 2 scart sockets. one for TV, one for VCR. When you press play on VCR, the sky box automatically switches to the VCR feed and loops it to the TV. Its a clever system, means you can also record Sky programmes through the scart socket - its 2-way.

Not sure what you're asking though.

Crafty, what I am asking is, 'you have a programe stored on sky plus, you want to make a copy, how do you make the copy. But by your thread it looks like its all about tuning the vcr to the sky or selecting the correct AV?

Sponsored Links
if you have a scart between the sky box and the VCR, simply select the AV channel on the VCR (it may look like it says "AU" on the display), it usually the channel before 1. Then play the recording on sky plus and press record on the VCR.

never used sky plus though - not sure if it will work, but it should.

crafty wrote
never used sky plus though - not sure if it will work, but it should.
I havnt got it, I was looking for someone who had it to say' yea you can do it'
But you are thinking along my lines..Ta

Yes you can!! Just tried it. You need scart control ON in the digibox picture settings for the VCR to patch through the Sky+ box to the TV. Like Crafty says, switch the VCR to A1 (ensuring the scart lead is plugged into the A1 scart on the back of the VCR). The only ones which I don't think you can record are those from Sky Movie Premier.

:idea: Point of interest :idea:

Would it be possible to change the hard drive in Sky+ for another to increase the memory? :?:

Now that's a geeky question?

punchjoshua said:
i thought that recoding prorams is deemed as piracy?
no. i believe it is the re-dustribution of the recordings that is piracy. To make a copy from TV for your own use is permitted AFAIK.

hi all

Sky plus only uses 75% of its hard drive by default. Have recorded robbie (total 4 hrs) for the wife you understand, and two movies and only used 2% of its hard drive capacity. So no need to change the hard drive. Have got mine set up to the DVD recorder via the scart leads so I can make hard copies. The Sky + has the option copy under the planner section in your recordings. Just select that, press record on your DVD/VCR an away you go. Lastly You can record all the channes inc the movie channels, however some progs are protected at source and will not allow you to record them. Not even on the Sky + box.

Geek or what! note to self.... get out more.

Sponsored Links
Back