Number plate recognition camera

Color Vu results, for traffic coming directly towards or away from the camera in straight line of view the ability to read the plates even with lights on at night, the issue will be taking the snap shots at the right place, its not an anpr camera but the same kind of issues apply.

when the view isnt head on it fairs less well, although the vehicle its self is clear (colour shape and partial reads and still a high number of full reads). but given its price you could have 5 of these for the cost of one anpr.

Sponsored Links
14AC151F-1808-4D0D-960A-800E09FE7031.jpeg Very pleased with the camera results,its set up with power supply and flying cat5e cable connected .
When I need to to check files on the card I plug the cable into my laptop tethered to my mobile and download them.
You were right about the dark night picture but lpr was the priority.

Last edited:
the reason is light entering the camera is limited. headlights lots of light.

although the only issue with standalone units is them being borrowed with all your data on.

Sponsored Links
4MP IP Color VU turret, the lens is 6mm that I was using, the technology is the same in them all, the lens deals with the distance 2347G1L and u if you want the microphone.

Settings would need playing with if you want to read number plates, but it wont capture them in the same way the anpr does.

Thanks, I am looking to get a few cameras and not that impressed with the night footage of ir cameras so researching color vu.

The problem with color vu is the resolution on ip is currently limited to 4MP, lenses are 2.8,4 and 6mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back