1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Number plate recognition camera

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by lostinthelight, 28 Apr 2020.

1. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Color Vu results, for traffic coming directly towards or away from the camera in straight line of view the ability to read the plates even with lights on at night, the issue will be taking the snap shots at the right place, its not an anpr camera but the same kind of issues apply.

when the view isnt head on it fairs less well, although the vehicle its self is clear (colour shape and partial reads and still a high number of full reads). but given its price you could have 5 of these for the cost of one anpr.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    14AC151F-1808-4D0D-960A-800E09FE7031.jpeg Very pleased with the camera results,its set up with power supply and flying cat5e cable connected .
    When I need to to check files on the card I plug the cable into my laptop tethered to my mobile and download them.
    You were right about the dark night picture but lpr was the priority.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2020
  4. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    the reason is light entering the camera is limited. headlights lots of light.

although the only issue with standalone units is them being borrowed with all your data on.

5. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Do you have the model of the color vu camera please

6. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    4MP IP Color VU turret, the lens is 6mm that I was using, the technology is the same in them all, the lens deals with the distance 2347G1L and u if you want the microphone.

Settings would need playing with if you want to read number plates, but it wont capture them in the same way the anpr does.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, I am looking to get a few cameras and not that impressed with the night footage of ir cameras so researching color vu.

8. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The problem with color vu is the resolution on ip is currently limited to 4MP, lenses are 2.8,4 and 6mm

9. Sponsored Links