Number plate recognition camera

Well what you stuck on?

I can make it worse for you, I am looking at a IP 4MP color vu with 6mm lens.(about 1/5th of the price of a ANPR) but does work like an anpr either.

Basically, can I whack a card in ,connect the power supply and set it to its task?
Whats the model and cost of the camera your referring to, if it turns out reliable I may get one to go elsewhere?

Sponsored Links
No you cant power it only and set it to task.
the ANPR camera should have an SD card slot and you could take snapshots on there

we shall see how reliable the color vu camera is, its early days.

Sponsored Links
I took the camera to my Sons and plugged it in to his hikvision setup to try it out.
I have now hooked it to my laptop with network cable and tried modifying the network parameters with SADP to suit but my password I registered with isnt recognised...does anyone have any theories on this one please.

so you powered it up on your sons NVR?

and you plugged it and powered it up on yours or on a poe switch?

probably find its using your sons password, so default the camera and start again.

Yes I can see 192.168.254.2 , if I reset, will that wipe anything anpr settings os the like?
Edit, not plugged into router, the laptop

yes the reset would wipe the settings.

You cant possibly program up the ANPR properly at your sons house, but that is a separate issue.

Can you access the login screen for the camera?
If so then you may want to tru your sons login details, as they could have been pushed to the camera from the NVR.

would it wipe settings before purchased or just ones since we had it?
I didnt really want to set it up at my Sons, we wanted to make sure it worked and see what it worked like compared to his dome cams and until I get an nvr was going to set it up through the window as an observation cam.
I can log into the camera and even if I enable DHCP it doesnt display a picture
Btw, whats unbinding and is it relevant?

26C1B466-0839-4D3E-BB0F-C10EDFD173A6.jpeg Now have picture logging in with Sons user name and password

The network settings are irrelevant as to seeing the picture.
You can click on help whilst in the menus and it will bring you up a short description of most of the settings.

ANPR is a different ball game to a standard CCTV camera.

At night time specifically the anpr is likely to be very dark other than the number plate its reading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back