Oak doors and window frames.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there..
I am in a bit of a pickel. I have owned my house for nearly 5 years now and coated my windows and doors in varnish only on the first year....
I am now worried that they are past repair!!??

What would people advise me doing ?

Should I have a profesional take a look ?

I think he might have to use one of them blow torch things to clear the bad bits off.

Also... I am worried how much this is going to cost me... I have 3 upstairs windows , 3 downstairs and two oak doors.

any ideas would be great!
thanks

Sponsored Links
Relax. Oak doors and window frames will manage just fine after all the old cracking and peeling varnish has dropped off. The timber will then be free to get on with the natural process of fading to a venerable silvery grey colour, darker at the bottom where it gets more rain, paler in the sheltered parts where some brown colour may linger a few more years. That's what oak does. Should last a couple of centuries at least. Good stuff, oak. Just do nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back