oak flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my first post. had a solid oak floor laid 3yrs ago and now its looking old and worn,had builders decorators as well as our dogs and chickens,0n it, so after i have got it back to new what do i put on it, some say oil some say stain (not what i want) and then there varnish,all i know is we need a slip proof, safe hardwearing top coat so what is the best.Please Help,we are desperate. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Lucy

If the oak floor is looking a bit worse for wear with allot of family traffic all over it day in day out for 3 yrs, its very likely you will need a full sand and re-seal to get it looking its best again.

If you want a tough non-slip finish i would recommend as follows
1 x coat of Junckers Baseprime [know in the trade as barrier seal]
this will act as a very good isolation coat and also seal the wood.

Then followed by 2 coats of Junckers Friction + wet slip resistant lacquer. This is an excellent hard wearing product, which by the sound of the amount of traffic you have going over your floors would be an ideal solution for you.

Get a professional firm in to do the works but get a couple of quotes, expect to pay above £21 per m2 at least for that specification as the Junckers Friction + is NOT cheap but you do pay for what you get.

Regards Gary

www.woodfloor-renovations.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back