Objections To My Extension Going To A Planning Panel?

You may as well just go ahead with it but make sure you attend the planning meeting & go prepared with your answers. Also try & find out if the planning officer is recommending approval to the committee; if he/she is, you shouldn’t have any problems as the committee hearing is just to appease you r a*se h*le neighbours. Either way, I don't see how objections to a planning application can affect any potential sale.

Just read your post again & it seems youve already got recomended approval to the commitee so, short of anything untoward with the commitee, I think your home & dry!

Sponsored Links
personally i'd go for it and when i got planning i'd build it to, how much satisfaction seeing there faces when you start digging the footings. worth all the mither on its own

getting planning £1000

getting it built £30,000

seeing the neighbours faces PRICELESS

:D

Some funny replies :LOL: I have decided to go ahead with the existing plans anyway.

Some people oppose for the sake of it. I did :LOL:
When the house opposite asked to have off road parking, they had asked & got it, for 1 car, now they park 2 there, You may say it keeps them off the road, but it adds value to there property...Yea IM envious.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
word of advice from previous experience.

Avoid conflict with neighbour as this will have to be declared if you choose to sell and a neighbour dispute evolves.

THIS COUNTRY IF FULL OF GREEN EYED MONSTERS! rise above them build your extension then sell. it will be worth more built.

alternativly do what i did Build it then carry on living there this will really p them off but your life is yours do not let others dictate it to you. so long as you stay within the law sod um.

PS stop involving the neighbours they have had their turn put you case together for the bodies that matter, and good look

pps nice rear view beyond boundry

Just because someone opposes your plans doesn't give the right to insult them. You've posted pictures of their garden which makes them identifiable and you open to libel. Stick to the rules and present your case fairly - but leave the insults out - it doesn't look very good from where I'm sitting.

Got to agree with Joe; take the moral high ground & don’t involve or antagonise your neighbours AT ALL. Never let the other side know what your doing, that is you strength; all that will achieve is to give them time to prepare a counter argument!

You will only get 5 minutes to speak at committee & make your case so don’t waste that time on irrelevant crap about idiot/thick neighbours, weeds, dog runs or previous misdemeanours. Stick to & arm yourself with facts about their objections & put your counter arguments about only those objections & briefly quote any neighbouring property precedents similar you’re proposals; above all be nice & don’t loose it!

Yes sorry I do agree, my letter in reply to the council mentioned no personal things at all as I know it means nothing. Just some of these objection letters were personal and it has narked us as we have done absolutely nothing wrong. But I agree it is best to say nothing to anyone. After speaking to the planning officer the only reason to go to the planning panel is if any of the neighbours are there, which I can find out by phoning. And then at the panel all we can do is reply to what they say. So if they do not go I really cannot see any point taking time off work for this. I had no intention of getting into a dispute, sorry if my actions seemed a bit silly but this is the first house I have had and I am not that clued up on this type of thing. Thanks for the great advice though.

The objections are, almost certainly, the only reason your application has been forced before the committee; every dog to have his day & all that. The objectors have the right to attend &/or speak as they see fit; I only have experience with my local authority so am unsure if there is a common policy but I was not aware until I actually arrived at the meeting that none of the objectors would turn up so I’m unsure how you will find out with just a phone call if any of the objectors are attending. If you’re serious about getting PP, I think its imperative you attend the planning meeting, even if only to address the committee in the light of no shows & say thanks when they pass your application. It will still go to a show of hands vote by committee members, what sort of impression do you think it will portray to any “fence sitters” if you can’t be bothered to be there! Our local authorities planning meetings are held in the evenings so no need to take time off work but, again, this may not be common policy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back