Obligation for signing off

He has no right to not provide the certificates after the work has been paid for. Opinions vary as to whether it is reasonable to withhold payment until the certs have been provided.
IANAL, but I would have thought that schedules for stage payments, retentions etc would have to be in the contract, and that there would be little scope for someone to suddenly announce that they wanted paying even though they hadn't finished.

Sponsored Links
IANAL, but I would have thought that schedules for stage payments, retentions etc would have to be in the contract, and that there would be little scope for someone to suddenly announce that they wanted paying even though they hadn't finished.
Indeed, and I doubt that,in relation to the sort of service/work we are talking about, any contract would require full payment before the work was finished - since it's unlikely that any sensible customer (who has read what they were signing!) would enter into such a contract.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back