Mains supply to Shed

Shame you think the gear that was used isn't good. Work was all done at the same time. I'll have a look for spur marks on the floorboards later :LOL:
Those labels on the CUs are also slightly worrying - they don't say to me that the guy took a pride in his work.

If no work is done using the garage wiring but taken from the house consumer unit instead then it still wont apply regardless of TN-C-S export issues.
True.

Looks like i'll be getting a new feed from the consumer unit through the house and out of the back wall if all the new regs will apply to a modification to the garage cct.
There aren't any new regulations which apply to modifications to the garage supply. The issues surrounding the export of a TN-C-S earth to an outbuilding with extraneous-conductive-parts would have been just as relevant 2 years ago, if you have a TN-C-S supply and if the garage had had extraneous-conductive-parts.

Sponsored Links
Those labels on the CUs are also slightly worrying - they don't say to me that the guy took a pride in his work.

Didnt know electricians were marked on there labelling skills - i think you might be running out of steam - probably all the hard work you been doing having a go at people who want to fit downlighters

Dont worry though i shall give my next spark a full handwriting and spelling test just for you and if he fails it i'll issue him with a label maker (PAT tested of course by a qualified electrician)

Didnt know electricians were marked on there labelling skills
It's part of the complete job. The Wiring Regulations require that the MCBs be labelled.

And if someone cannot be bothered to put a little bit of effort into doing a good job of something that can be seen then how can you possibly trust him to put effort into doing a good job of things that cannot be seen?

Does that labelling affect the safety of the installation? No, of course not.

Is it an indication that the guy had a careless and slapdash attitude? Yes, of course it is.

Dont worry though i shall give my next spark a full handwriting and spelling test just for you and if he fails it i'll issue him with a label maker (PAT tested of course by a qualified electrician)
He should already have, and use, a label maker.

Ban All Sheds will you please stop posting on my post - i have already had to move into the shed due to being in constant fear of the inferior workmanship that is out there.

If you don't stop i'll have to start checking my friends and families cu's and telling them to condemn their installations if someone has used a ballpoint pen anywhere near them

And worse still nobody is posting any advice because they can't get a word in edgeways while you are putting the world to rights

I realise you are a crusader for good workmanship which is an honorable cause but criticising everybody who dares post a question that doesn't know the regulations inside out is neither productive or helpful but merely causing a nuisance.

There are many perfectly sensible questions on here posted by people in need of help and advice - if you dont have anything to say other than to tell them they dont know what they are talking about or that the work they have paid for in good faith is no good just stay quiet and let somebody else help us

Sponsored Links
Grow up you silly little boy.

I was going to give you a helpful reply whilst reading the start of this thread, but I can't be bothered any more.

sorry rf was just bringing it down to the same level as b a s

but no problem i'm gone

thanks

anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back