Ocean Alpha 240XP experts required...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have an ongoing prob with the above boiler. The boiler will work intermitantly on HW but seems to be ok on CH... HW diaphragm has been replaced along with air pressure switch, fan main pcb and thermistor but it still fires every now and again!!!! Both micro switches appear to be ok and both pins are raising... What else could it be?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jez
:confused:

Sponsored Links
have you PROPERLY tested the microswitches might be out of calibration (ifyoulike) and whilst may start the pump and fan the signal may be dropping out as it is depressed fully.

there is not alot else it can be TBH, has someone paid you to change all of them bits.

you also need to be more specific on the actual fault as in what starts doesnt start etc how far in the sequence it all goes.

Thanks robyes someone has paid for the bits... If I mauually switch the micro switches then the boiler still does n't fire properly!
Fan runs to full speed, pump appears ok and both pins do rise up..
Any more clues / test?
Thanks

Both those microswitches can go intermittent. Particularly the primary flow one.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Chris

How can you tell if they are intermittant for sure?

Jez

Hi Chris
Has tested the continuity across them and they both have it perm...
Any more ideas?

Thanks

Depends how you tested it/them (also the aps). You need to check for voltage across the connections which should be Closed, when water is flowing, and the boiler isn't working.
Then check the loom. Then an intermiittent connection on the PCB is possible.

Hi Chris
Continuity across the microswitches permantly i.e open and closed. Alpha reckons thats ok...
The pcb is new

Jez

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back