Odd bathroom sink..?

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that there are some parts missing. Why not have a look at the Bristan website. Should be able to pick up something similar.

Quality pure quality!!

I dont know how they manage to sell these sh#te fittings at such a price!!

It's the B&Q Select Winchester Bath Suite. You'd think you'd get something more standard at B&Q. Anyway, I'll go in and ask them if I can't fathom it out.

Cheers.

Funnily enough, I fitted a standard B&Q suite at my mother-in-law's house last year and the flexible hose connectors for the basin mixer tap were an odd size.

None of the plumber's merchants I tried could find any suitable fixings to attach them to, so I ended up having to ditch them and buy some more with a more standard thread.

Makes you wonder where they get their suites from - the least they can do is supply them with fittings suitable for the UK !

Sponsored Links
For the record:

I got the blasted thing on. It was the wrong fitting, in that it was the wrong length, and I know you're not supposed to bend flexi's too much, but I looped the thing round and it went on, unbelievably, without leaking. I now consider myself an expert plumber. ;)

Good old B & Q sending out gear with odd fittings on! Had to fit a close coupled toilet & cistern for a customer and there were no holes drilled out in the cistern to attach it to the pan. Went back to the store and the other ones were the same, a bad batch . As mentioned earlier , its sometimes easier to re-pipe up with standard fittings available from the merchants. Youre less likely to get a flood then. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back