Odd central heating issue

The lever doesnt move by itself when the motor is energised, try sliding the lever across with no power , it should move but have resistance, try agin with power to it and it should move across with no resistance, it wont move on its own, the white ones might but the honeywell wont

Sponsored Links
Ah - i thought they behaved like the Drayton ones. what you said is correct. Not energised it has a bit of resistance, power no resistance.

I run it and see if it works. Just assumed it wasn’t.

Steve

Yes, the honeywell lever's don't move when the motor engages. They push against a cam on the mechanism but are not connected to it, the lever on the drayton is part of the mechanism therefore moves when the motor energises.

Sponsored Links
So it’s all fixed. The hidden zone valve had a faulty motor, so once i changed that and learned from your helpful advice that the honeywell valve doesn’t move like the drayton it’s all back and running.

Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back