Odd mortar discoloration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a brand new block paved drive laid last October and although this has been like this for a while, it's been dark going to work/coming back and wet.

This week when coming home I've noticed the below photo.
Thoughts please?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_160819440.jpg
    IMG_20200327_160819440.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 139
Sponsored Links
Yes driveway.
We have a fence between next door, so he halted a block and turned them up on there ends as the gradient changes about 2 ft before the garage door.

Just looks like a zebra styled mortar job! :confused:

Sponsored Links
I don't know any builders who have control over how their mortar behaves or looks during wet/dry periods. I don't know many clients diligent enough to care either.

Maybe the photo wasnt the best, I've just never seen any concrete I personally have ever mixed behave like that hence why I asked.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_173715.jpg
    IMG_20200328_173715.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 93
It looks like you have a mortar fillet as opposed to a concrete fillet. Not the end of the world but more susceptible to water ingress, especially where the mortar is more compressed in places than in others (zebra).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back