Odd reset problem with a Potterton Profile 100e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a SIME badged Potterton profile 100e.

Every morning as my electronic Programmer switches off the boiler therm stat reset button trips and i have to go down and reset it. (The button under the boiler). It basically does it as well with +1hr or turning the water off manually,

We have replaced the overheat stat and the pump over run stat. We also found the gas supply has been set to the wrong flow and altered it. Neither of these things has changed the problem. The ONLY thing that alters is it very odd. If you change the stat on the hot water cylinder in the bathroom down to 50 it doesn't reset! Im not sure why altering the temp of cylinder would affect the boiler.

it does not reset on the central heating.

Am at a total loss as r two corgi guys helping me.

Sponsored Links
happy to do so, but out of interest why would the cylinder stat be tripping the potterton's therm switch? i.e. saying to the boiler "u r over heating". it only seems to trip at the end of a programmed cycle (morning programme, +1hr) or if u manually switch hot water off, not during a cycle. The boiler switches off, as it should, and then almost instantly its reset switch clicks out.

Sponsored Links
p.s.
changed cylinder stat setting to 60 (instead of 65) last night and it didnt reset this morning. Although some may consider that a solution, i dont like the fact its doing it at 6 so will still be interested in why this could be resetting the boiler? :)

the numbers on the front of the boiler say between 4 to 5, closer to 5. Surely a boiler should even work on max ?

so why would the cylinder stat affect the pooterton's manual reset ?

final bit of update: another guy said it could be the motorised valves?
here are what appears to be two motorised valves

honeywel f4 9933
honeywell f9 9923
both in airing cupboard.
system is fully pumped.

anone agree, and can tell me why?
or is it the boiler stat, again if so why /

just want to be able to argue my point with plumber tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back