Odd water pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This sounds very odd, so please bear with me.

Last week, my kitchen tap stopped working, in that the flow rate coming from it dropped dramatically.

I replaced the tap, and the new one was working a treat - fast flow, perfect.

However, immediately, the hot water stopped coming out of the bath tap. All other hot water taps were fine, but the bath produced only a tiny trickle at best. Flow was slightly reduced at the en suite showers, but nothing dramatic. Can't understand why changing one tap affected another.

I performed a recharge in the megaflo cylinder (might as well try something) and now I still have just a trickle at the bath, but the flow of hot AND cold at the kitchen has greatly reduced. All other taps are fine. Can't understand how recharging the cylinder has affected hot and cold at only one ATP.

Any explanations and remedies would be appreciated (I will be calling the plumber on Monday if still not sorted).

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Look at the tap washer first before you start on the cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back