Odourless Gloss?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife is currently pregnant and I thought, right buy some of this odorless stuff to make my life easier in certain regards (if you know what i mean). Well, the 'odorless' part works fine (in comparison) but I'm not that impressed with the quality if the paint. I've painted a few choice sections of skirting and architrave (two coats) and it's already been knocked once and scratched! Could this be that I need a third coat or we just need to wait for it dry for longer before battering the woodwork with hoovers etc. In the good old days you couldn't get gloss off your brushes without white spirit, but this stuff washes out with water! Does that sound right? Any tips for continuing using it, or would you agree I should buy some normal gloss and apply a third coat with that to make sure?

Sponsored Links
Try water based eggshell, its more durable than w/b gloss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back