Office use of old derelict barn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a converted farm building (one of about 10) that originally formed a working farm in Kent, in an AONB. There is one building remaining unconverted, a wooden framed, steel sheeted 'shed' maybe 1000 sq feet total. Am I correct in thinking this could be used as a B1 office without any further permissions? The building is however derelict to the point of being unsafe - assuming this was a short term thing, how far would one need to go on 'repairs' before is was a new building requiring PP? Could I for example reverse a couple of converted shipping containers in through the doors and use them inside as is?

Sponsored Links
I would seek professional advice. You can do a lot, but it's very important that you do things in the right order, so only seeking the change of use after certain modifications have been made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back