Oh I could name a few...not me but previous owner!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This was not me, this was the previous owner that had these disasters that I have encountered.

Bath...not sealed around the tub thus allowing free flowing water to run down the wall on the the supporting floor resulting in the bath falling through the rotten floor board.

Skirting board.....butt jointed together on the straight (approx 7m in length so 2 boards were used) one cupped on the wall and the other stayed poker straight. Looked shocking. When removing them I had to cut out the no more nails along the top edge (used to smooth it off) and the telephone cable popped out in bits...it had been pushed down the gap and filled over. So I repaired the skirting and the phone cable.

Decking in the Garden 1st section...nailed top and bottom, all the board knock and wobble when you walk over them. Need to get this sorted soon.

Decking 2nd section..... was bounceing in the middle with a 7inch difference in terms of height from one end to the next. I lifted all the decking boards off to be met with an asbestos roof that had been buried underneath. Cost a few £££ to get this removed.
Discovered why it was bounicing, no support in the middle (3m long) and untreated wood, plus the posts were just directly driven into the ground with no conrete/postcrete etc.

This guy had his own business in property maintenace and proffessed to be a joiner!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back