Oh no, not ANOTHER Lidl post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That got your attention, didn't it.
Lidl have another tool-fest happening and one of their nifty gadgets is a clamp on rip saw guide. But the picture on the item, shows the saw running along the guide, blade side nearest.
To me that doesn't bode well for a nice accurate cut, since the majority of the saw's weight will be on the waste side, which basically unsupported.
My saw is a heavy beast from AEG. If I wanted to run the saw that way I'm sure the cut would skew at the end.
The actual guide is about 1cm thick and my saw's motor housing has less clearance to the material than that.
Are there alternatives (aside from plungesaw+guide)?

Sponsored Links
Straight-edged 6mm ply clamped to the workpiece?

I'm an embarrassed plonker! I checked my saw and clearance is only limited on the deepest cut setting! So the Lidl gadget would work. It seems it's not only Lidl who make these things and I'd imagine it's only as good as the clamps. Plus it will only clamp up to 100cm, so not much good for ripping 8x4 boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back