oil based egg shell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i rubbed down gloss painted doors will paint it with oil based egg shell and want to give it a second coat of oil based egg shell

i understand you have to use wet and dry sand paper the question is do i use it wet or dry? and whats the reason behind the answer ..

Sponsored Links
The wet n dry is a finer grade of paper and can be used wet for better results. A more coarse paper will scratch teh eggshell and as it is over gloss can start to cut below it and bring it off. Using it wet and gently rubbung it then drying off will give much better results. :D

thanking you for reply but does wet and dry go in grades or what would u suggest i get?

Yes it does go in grades, just like sandpaper. try something like 600 grade.

Sponsored Links
Using it wet, the water acts as a slurry, so the abrasive doesn't clog - a bit like using oil when you're sharpening tools with an oilstone.

You have to be very thorough cleaning up the soup you create, but it does a lovely job.

It also keeps your dust problem down and (to a certain extent) cools the job, if your too vigorous with your sanding you can generate a lot of heat, soften the paint and cause it to tear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back